Our faithful friends; be they guinea pigs, rabbits, dogs, puss cats, or any other pet type like to put their ‘two penny worth’ in and join in the fun with their human families.
There are many things that we bring out, put up, light up, stretch out or hang to decorate our homes and make it look all gorgeous and Christmassy, unfortunately these can pose dangers to our little animal friends who have no idea what these wonderful things are and they just get very curious. You cannot make it 100% animal or childproof but you can make it as safe as possible.
So, a BLACK list of things to watch out for:
- foods – don’t feed human food as treats, particularly human chocolate is poisonous to our pets and those turkey/chicken bones – really good for splintering and causing major problems and possibly even worse
- tinsel – and other decorations; cats love to play but also chew and ooops swallow
- wires – great for puppies to investigate and chew through, also fun for guinea pigs, rabbits, mice etc that have free run
- batteries – they roll well, great to chase and they’re nice and shiny
A WHITE list of fun things:
- cardboard boxes – yeah! bring it on, great for kittens, puppies, cats and all to play in, on and trash safely
- wrapping paper (not foil) – rolled in a ball yippee, can chase it everywhere, even under the settee
- raw meat treats – wings, necks and more for dogs – no danger from the bones and just a little of the wild (always supervise if children are around, do not leave them alone together)
- hugs – and plenty of them!